Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: RIP Old Tobe

  1. #41
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    And he introduced Me, You, and Matt to broady. I remember finding you and Matt during third quarter sayin "hey guys, wanna meet some GC people from the forum? I'll find OleTob. I have an idea of where he's at cause he yells my name every game against them while we perform on the field". I took you and Matt to the direction I heard him from and there he was at the fence cheering on the Devils.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member GC1meover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2002
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Have not heard arrangements yet...but for those of you who dont know Tob's name will be listed as Elbert Salyer.

    RIP Tob...we love ya and miss ya!
    RIP Tob...we love ya and miss ya!

  3. #43
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    They're currently incomplete, but I will post them on the forum as soon as they come out.


  4. #44
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I really hope the viewing is Friday night. I really would like to attend his viewing and pay my respects to him. I have to work Saturday night and I really want to pay my respects to Toby.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member JCFORME's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2005
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    God bless you old friend. You were a great person to know.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Sorry to hear of Toby's passing. As thecrziefather said we can take comfort in knowing he is no longer in pain and there is no more suffering.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #47
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    People, this is what this forum is about. As much as we all like to yell, fuss, complain, its still a bit of family. OleTob and I never met, I think I seen him but due to being busy at games, I never got a chance in person to talk to him. Talked on here, and we may not always have agreed about things, we did have a level of respect for each other. We talked a few times after the cancer, due to me having had it, and I really felt like he would be one that would give it a battle, obviously with the speed it progressed, the battle was joined way to late, kind of hard to fight hard when you're down 50 in the fourth, but I have no doubt that he battled as hard as anybody could in that state.

    Not to preach on anybody here, but this is why, no matter your age, keep a check on yourself and if something isn't right, or doesn't feel right, be aggressive with your doctors. Don't let them treat you as 'just someone looking for medicine' but keep an eye on things.

    To be honest with you, I know that my doctors tried to treat my suspicions as 'just an infection' and if I had listened, I'd probably not had caught my cancer so early, but you know your body better than do, trust in that.

    Mainly say this because I'm tired of losing people too early.

    I say this to any of the Gate City folk, as much as some of us try to rattle cages right back with you, you all need an honorary cowbell program or something.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    This is really sad, I never knew the guy but it puts life into perspective. Hopefully his wife is doing ok(financially at least), I know that he said she had been laid off. If anyone knows she isnt doing well, maybe we can take up a fund and everybody donate some money to a paypal account to give to her.

  9. #49
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Havn't been able to post yet because this thread just hit me hard. can't believe a fellow lpd brother which I have talked to over the years is gone, sad day for myself personally and god bless to his family. RIP Ole Tob [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

  10. #50
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    [ QUOTE ]
    I know that he said she had been laid off. If anyone knows she isnt doing well, maybe we can take up a fund and everybody donate some money to a paypal account to give to her.


    [/ QUOTE ]
    great idea Mega, I would be willing to give.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •